WARNING: This MOD was not specifically created for the RAZR. This is a general mod applicable to all phones running ROMs on version 2.3 and above. Before installing please make a backup of your existing system with CWM on boot recovery. If you don’t know how to make a backup, please read HERE
We finally have the HTC’s Beats Audio and Sony’s XLoud mod for our RAZRs. Enjoy better audio quality with Beats! 😀
This works with Android 2.3+
- Rooted RAZR, for rooting instructions read HERE
- A root browser app, like Root Explorer. Download from Market.
- CWM on Boot Recovery, read installation instructions HERE
- Beats Audio package(its a .zip file), download HERE
- Download .zip file
- Unzip using root explorer, then go to the extracted folder and then system and copy bin, etc and lib folders on to your external SD card.
- Then use Root explorer to copy these folders from your external SD to your system folder(see step 4)
- Go into /system/ and paste the folders bin, lib and etc here. Root explorer will show a prompt saying that these folders exist. Choose the merge option here and exit root explorer.
- Reboot into CWM on Boot recovery [IMPORTANT]
- Go to Advanced–>Fix permissions.
Beats Audio should now be installed. The changes in audio may not be liked by everyone as audio is highly subjective
If you want to uninstall it simply delete all the files that you put in(not the entire bin, etc and lib folders, just the mod files contained within them) OR you can restore your backup from before the mod installation.
If you have bootloops please let me know, I will try and find a solution to the issue.
Credits: virus, carl1961, Old, jwischka, Quinny899, Htc, Beats audio, RockoDev, person who ported xloud, _Sofos_