Please read up on CWM recovery HERE.
CWM RECOVERY INSTALLTION:
- Rooted RAZR
- Bootstrap Recovery app (RazrBootstrap.apk), download HERE
- CWM on Boot package(RAZR-CWMOnBoot-Global-J.Y.Daddy.zip), download HERE
- Install Bootstrap Recovery App (RazrBootstrap.apk)
- Copy CWM on Boot package(RAZR-CWMOnBoot-Global-J.Y.Daddy.zip) to external SD card
- Open Bootstrap, then press “Bootstrap recovery” to install a temporary Bootstrap recovery. Accept any Superuser permission prompts. Then press “Reboot Recovery”. The phone will reboot into recovery.
- In recovery menu: “install zip from sdcard” -> “choose zip from sdcard” -> select “RAZR-CWMOnBoot-Global-J.Y.Daddy.zip.”
- After the update completes the phone will reboot.
- After reboot, set deny Superuser permissions for the RazrBootstrap.apk. (IMPORTANT)
You should now boot up into CWM recovery.
How to use CWM recovery:
- Use the context menu button(left most button) to move down
- Use the Home button (2nd from the left) to the move up
- Press the Search button (right most button) to select the highlighted option
NOTE: Please do not be confused between Bootstrap recovery and CWM recovery. Bootstrap installs a temporary CWM recovery which only works when you reboot through bootstrap. It does not install the actual CWM recovery.