Please read up on CWM recovery HERE.
This needs CWM on boot recovery to work. Read HERE
INSTALLING CUSTOM ROMs
Now that you have CWM installed, these next steps are really easy. Please follow the instructions carefully or you will screw up your system.
Custom ROMs are packaged in .zip archives which can be read by CWM recovery. In principle you only have to direct CWM to the zip package and choose to install it. Its really simple.
You can find the list of custom ROMs for the RAZR, HERE
I ASSUME THAT YOU HAVE CREATED A BACKUP OF YOUR EXISTING ROM, IF NOT THEN PLEASE DO SO. IF YOU HAVE PROBLEMS OR YOU DON’T KNOW HOW, PLEASE READ HERE
- Download your desired ROM
- Put it in the external SD card
- Boot into CWM recovery (Just restart your phone, if CWM on boot is installed correctly it will automatically boot into it)
- Select “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, this will clear all previous ROM data and your applications
- Select “Apply update from SD Card”
- Navigate to your ROM and select the .zip file
- Wait for the installation to finish and then reboot
You should successfully boot into the new ROM.
Congrats on your new custom ROM. Now you can tease your friends on how cool android can get! 😀
If you had any problems with ROM installation and the system does not boot, please read HERE